Logistics Project Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* Enroll Proofpoint in the ACE program with Federal Government and design the processes around which Proofpoint submits export registrations where required. This would include process design, process documentation and staff training.
* Design, implement and document processes and technics for decreasing the time required to submit and track shipments to our primary small package and LTL freight carriers, UPS and Expeditors International. This involves a knowledge of the carrier's tool sets and streamlining their implementation here at Proofpoint.
* Implement the Tradeflow product from Expeditors International into Proofpoint's daily logistics program.
* Design, document and Implement a Logistics compliance program.
* Review existing process documentation and identify holes in process documentation and recommend process improvement opportunities.
* Implement FedEx Ship Manager, and design and deliver user documentation and user training.
* The ability to analyze and resolve problems independently or as part of a group.
* Highly detail oriented.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Possess the ability to teach others and to adapt to people's different learning styles.
* Demonstrate the skills required to identify missing information and the determination to go get it whether that information is internal or external information.
* Full understanding and comprehension of regulatory requirements associated with the compliant international and domestic movement of all product no matter the category.
* Possess a strong knowledge of INCOTERMS 2010 and be willing to learn the disciplines specific to importing and exporting items used in the high tech industry and to encryption products.
* Are a highly motivated individual who is capable of taking the initiative.
* Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain discipline or the equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
* 5 - 7 years direct experience in the field of international logistics and supply chain.
* Experience in the importation and exportation of encryption equipment is a plus.
* Knowledge of UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager or Expeditor's International EXPO is a plus.
* Sunnyvale, CA
* ACE program: 1 year
* international shipping: 4 years
* incoterms 2010: 1 year