This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This position is responsible for various tasks relating to the receipt, storage, order fulfillment and shipping of customer orders. This may include -
* The unloading of inbound shipments and assuring the accurate receipt of products, packing supplies, or sundry items into the warehouse and verifying the correct item, lot number, quantity, and condition of material.
* The accurate placement of material into storage locations assuring the proper recording of the location is maintained.
* The accurate, fast-paced, picking of customer orders assuring the correct item, lot number, and quantity are assembled to meet the customer order requirements.
* The preparation of orders for shipment in a customer-friendly manner. This may include the accurate checking of each carton and the packing of material into boxes containers and pallets assuring the appropriate protection of our products and shipment modes are used to assure they are received by our customers according to our standards of care meeting our product and customer requirements.
* Ability to follow departments SOPs
* Inventory counts according to established schedules and requirements.
* Knowledge and application of Hazardous Materials Packing and shipping requirements
* Picking cold-chain orders in a refrigerated temperature environment of 360F to 460F
* Maintenance of work areas in a neat, clean, and orderly manner to assure the safety of self and other colleagues
* Active participation in Safety and EHS programs
* Effective utilization of systems that support and enhance logistics, (Transportation Management system, RCS, Voice Technology, Warehouse Management system, etc.)
* Willingness to work overtime as needed to complete daily business volume
* Assist other team members to balance the workload and provide consistent productivity
* Daily operation of MHE
* Perform stock/module replenishments
* Unloading of sorter lane verifying the indicated shipment mode is correct for the assigned pallet
* Good attendance and being on time are required
* Performs all duties as directed
High school diploma or equivalent, personal computer skills, and a minimum of two years experience in general warehousing or manufacturing to include order assembly, shipping/receiving, stocking, inventory maintenance, and picking/verification functions. Meets Expectations or above in previous performance reviews. Good attendance records. Demonstrated qualities of hard work, teamwork, and commitment to excellence. Forklift training/certification.
Normal Indoor/ Mfg/Maint/Production
Cool temperature 36F to 46F
Lifting - routinely up to 40 lbs, occasionally up to 80 lbs