Logistics Service Center Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service and innovation. For more than 100 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.(R) With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
* Individual worth and integrity
* Excellence in execution
* Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
* Customer focus and partnership
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and continual improvement of the facility including performance metrics, developing talent and sizing the organization appropriately to meet the market opportunity. Less than 50% of the job responsibilities involve driving or manual labor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Lead, direct, develop and manage CSC associates.
* Manage associates utilizing Human Resources processes, including quarterly and annual performance reviews (APEX), development plans and top grading.
* Accountable for CSC operational performance, policy deployment, root cause and countermeasure analysis.
* Responsible for implementation of a high standard of customer service in the areas of order taking and customer problem solving.
* Responsible for implementation of market strategies and the "profitable customer and product" philosophy at the local level.
* Develop strategies to improve operations and inventory efficiencies at the CSC level.
* Responsible for the implementation of compensation, freedom to lead and safety per the company's guiding principles.
* Develop and conduct ongoing training in the areas of health, safety, phone skills, standard operating procedures, etc.
* Provide input for the annual budget for the service center.
* Ensure the appropriate interaction and coordination with sales, customers, RDC managers, and home office.
* Responsible for the achievement and reduction of cost per delivered unit and hours per unit measured as well as protection of company assets such as inventory, purchase cards, fuel cards, petty cash, etc.
* Understand competition in the market. Analyze strengths and weaknesses and seek out opportunities.
* Responsible for adherence to governmental regulations.
* Responsible for the execution of product recalls and field quality repairs.
* Ensure that the CSC maintains and projects an image to the industry consistent with the company's expectations of professionalism, and truck and driver appearance.
* Participate in cross-functional projects to improve company performance
* Work with Sales Managers to control the costs of special deliveries.
* Provide input regarding market needs as they relate to distribution and service.
* Work with Sales Managers and Sales Representatives to establish the mix of caskets to be inventoried.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics preferred; and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in Logistics.
* Microsoft Office - Immediate - Required
* Customer Service Orientation - Expert - Required
* Verbal and Written Communication - Expert - Required
* Professional appearance - Required
* Positive Attitude - Required
* Attention to safety - Expert - Required
* Attention to detail - Expert - Required
* Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA rules and regulations - Intermediate - Required
* Team Player - Required
Employee must be able to travel