Logistics Specialist (General Supply Specialist)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: San Diego (ESP)
Job Code: 3630
# of openings: Direct Funded
Epsilon Systems Partners is hiring a full time Logistics Specialist (General Supply Specialist) in San Diego, CA.
Summary: Support South West Regional Maintenance Center (SWRMC) Product Family (PF) and associated production shops as a material expediter to manage supply parts requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs in the role of custodian of SAP/NEMAIS master material records.
Coordinates, processes and monitors material and parts to ensure on-time and accurate delivery schedules.
Expedites in accordance with production schedules and determines shortages.
Supports Project Managers, planners and estimators, purchasers, and associated production shops as a material expediter to identify vendors and other sources of material; including item costs and delivery lead times.
Orders, tracks, receives, and issues necessary parts and materials to support shop production work flow.
Trains others in the proper use of SAP/NEMAIS to order repair parts and material.
Researches and updates documents to provide required status reports to PF Manager.
Participates in the management of production shop inventories.
Attends all required training provided.
Analyzes processes and provide constructive input to process improvement teams.
Performs other duties as assigned in support of shop production.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Minimum 4 years experience as a Repair Parts Petty Officer or equivalent
* Familiar with the Navy's supply system
* Experienced in the Navy's production shop work flow process
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats with other activities in the military and civilian communities
* Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance.
* Formal NEMAIS training in a classroom environment
* Proficient in the usage of the material module of SAP/NEMAIS
* Familiar with LEAN concept
* Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written formats with other activities in the military and civilian communities
Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts, if appropriate.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and customer s supply systems
Require walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise.
Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders.
Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight.
Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp.
Ability to operate hand or industrial truck if required.
Epsilon Systems Partners and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.