Logistics Supplier Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Logistics Supplier Analyst works in the Logistics Partner Management team and reports into the Logistics Supplier Manager. The role is client and provider facing, requiring solid transportation experience, logistics costing expertise and superior organization and time management skills.
The core responsibilities of the Logistics Supplier Analyst include:
o Manage the cyclical reporting and KPI generation process in support of LSP Performance Reviews.
o Manage the upload and validation process of LSP tariffs and rates within Oracle Transportation Manager (OTM).
o Maintain client transportation tariffs, rates, contracts and business rules within OTM.
o Maintain LSP tariff, rate and contract repository.
o Benchmark key cost drivers and operational capabilities of incumbent and candidate LSPs.
o Analyze comparative LSP cost and operational performance data to support LSP management activities.
o Supporting role for new carrier qualification, on-boarding, and implementation.
o Ensure standard operating procedure documentation is maintained and updated as required.
o Support ad-hoc requests and projects within the Logistics Partner Management team.
o Successfully work across teams (internal and external) to overcome challenges and achieve objectives.
* University degree in Supply Chain Management or Business-related field is required
* Advanced University degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration (MS/MBA) is preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain management
* Experience with LSP management activities; including the development and monitoring of key performance indicators
* Experience working with a Transportation Management System (TMS)
* Strong analytical ability.
* Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
* Must be a highly organized self-starter.
* Proficient in use of PC/MS office suite.
* Understanding of Supply Chain Management roles and responsibilities.
* Ability to link and articulate process change to multiple levels within the organization as well as customer groups.
* Able to meet objectives with minimal direction from supervision and make sound business decisions.
* Strong working knowledge in project management with demonstrable project/customer focused accomplishments
* Excellent communication and facilitation skills one on one and in groups.
* Ability to analyze and effectively communicate technical and business impacts.
* Broad working knowledge of transportation, rate structures, contracts and regulatory requirements.
* Ability to break down large and complex data sets into quantifiable information.
* Ability to communicate, collaborate and drive work successfully within a team environment.
* Strong organization and time management skills with demonstrable customer-focused accomplishments.
* Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task to drive maximum benefit.
* Flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
* High level of proficiency with MS Office Professional Suite. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Access, Visio, Project and Outlook are a plus.
* Propensity to do appropriate research.