This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Logistics Supervisor has responsibility for managing
drivers for the Logistics function. This role will be
accountable for meeting all financial commitments, will
own safety, and will ensure customer expectations are
met all the time, every time. The Logistics Supervisor
will be responsible for demonstrating the Dean Foods
Guiding Principles and utilizing Continuous Improvement
(CI) resources in building team capability and unity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each
* Maintains focus and responds constructively to
daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the
* Deals effectively with routing and customer
* Trains drivers to merchandise products if
* Utilizes data from PeopleNet and other sources to
manage KPI s.
* Ensures driver safety training conducted and
coaches safe driving practices.
* Optimizes distribution productivity.
* Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps
informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
* Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating
skills and route riding on regular basis.
* Encourages others to work as a team. Provides
input and guidance to team.
* Establishes direction and helps senior management
identify resources and remove barriers to goals.
* Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment
to quality service and high performance.
* Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional
* Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
* Manages customer complaints.
* Applies knowledge of basic logistic techniques and
concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate
activities of individual departments.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees
in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring
effective selection, retention, feedback,
disciplinary action and performance management. If a
collective bargaining agreement exists, may
participate grievances or other contract related
activities and discussions.
* Committed to product quality and contributes to
the best management practices in maintaining or
reaching quality goals.
* Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure
continuous improvement in all areas relevant to
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of
Ethics. This includes following company policies,
standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a
manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating, and delegating.
* Leads a team of drivers within the market ensuring
proper coaching, training, performance management
and talent management for direct reports.
* Collaboratively develops and executes specific
technical training ensuring driver skill levels are
in line with company expectations.
* Ensures optimization and care for all distribution
and fleet assets ensuring proper maintenance.
* Owns Safety Culture, ensuring a safe work
environment and that employees use safe work
* Ensures execution of Dean Foods standard operating
* Ensures proper employee relations culture and
programs are executed.
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory (OSHA, DOT,
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Previous supervisory experience a plus
* 1-4 years managerial distribution, transportation or
logistics experience in multi-site facility.
Experience should include research and cost
reporting procedures, budgeting, inventory control
as well experience in routing software, GPS systems
and routing optimization.
* Strong DSD (direct store delivery) background.
* Experience with handheld computers, ASN, SBT,
Scanning, and other store receiving platforms.
* Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
* Project management skills.
* Financial skills to understand and analyze budgets.
Regulatory knowledge in applicable federal, state and
local guidelines (DOT, OSHA, DMV).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.