Logistics Technician - Chanhassen, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Forklift Operators are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the handling of ingredients, materials and finished product within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills-Chanhassen plant operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This is a 2nd shift position. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Forklift Operators must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Forklift Operator position is $17.09 with periodic increases up to a rate of $21.36. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package includingmedical, dental, vsion, and retirement benefits.
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Be responsible for the storage of raw material, ingredients or finished product
* Select, prepare and load product for outbound shipment per customer specifications
* Demonstrate a strong customer service mindset
* Stage and deliver raw materials to support production needs
* Unload inbound ingredients/packaging materials for production including bulk deliveries
* Perform all sanitation tasks for shipping and receiving areas
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
* Assists in training new employees
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must have or be willing to obtain a forklift license
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Must be able to sit/stand on a forklift for sustained periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends with or without reasonable accommodation
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* 1+ years of experience in a material handling environment
* Previous experience with electronic inventory systems (Red Prairie/SAP)
* Demonstrated leadership ability