Logistics / Transportation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Ajulia Executive Search
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOGISTICS/TRANSPORTATION MANAGER
Managerial Role in Transportation and Logistics
Located near Madison, WI
The LOGISTICS/TRANSPORTATION MANAGER will be responsible for driving the development of the transportation and logistical operations both domestically and internationally.
* Will work closely with vendors and carriers to resolve issues and identify new improvement objectives
* Managing the daily transportation and logistical operations from the organization's distribution center and customers
* Making sure the product flows through the supply chain department without impacting the cycle time from purchases to delivery
* Developing relationships and contractual agreements with 3rd Party vendors and that services are aligning with business needs
* Providing in depth analysis on the departmental performance in regards to improvements, opportunities and cost reductions to the upper management
* Bachelordegree in Supply Chain, Logistics or any other related field
* 7years' experience in a managerial role with the logistics and transportation industries
* Has an understanding of LTL, Parcel and FTL freight management
* Contract Negotiation Project Management skills
* Is very knowledgeable of the import and export documentation and processes
* Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills