Long Term Care Coordinator I 8/12/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Purpose: Responsible for members gaining access to needed services through coordination and integration of medical and long term care services for the purpose of orientation, care plan development, assessment, and care coordination.
* Complete assessments with members, caregivers, or providers to obtain information regarding client status, support system, and need for services for care plan development
* Monitor delivery of services and follow-up with members, caregivers, or provider s through in person visits and telephonic contact
* Authorize and coordinate referral for services
* Ensure provider services are delivered without gaps and identify functional deficiencies in plans of care
* Assist in coordinating the development of informal or voluntary services to integrate into the member care plan
* Collaborate with discharge planners, physicians, and other parties to ensure appropriate discharge plan, care plan, and coordination of acute care and long term care services
* Assist member with filing and resolving complaints and appeals
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or Registered Nurse License and 2+ years of care management experience, Licensed Practical Nurse and 4+ years of care management experience, or 6+ years of care management experience. Home health, discharge planning, or long term care experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license. LPN or RN preferred.
This position will be based in Broward County.