Looking for Professionals with Collections & Recovery exp.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Recovery Analyst/Collections Officer
Primary function of this position is to report, administer, and follow up on Credit Union Recoveries and Bankruptcy filings. Responsibilities include monthly reconciling, assignments, and recalls of recovery portfolio, Bankruptcy review with follow up and contacting delinquent members. A key area of focus in this role is to ensure that policies and established guidelines consistently comply with
Federal and State of Florida laws and regulations governing the Collections functions, recoveries, and legal review.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
? 50% Responsible for daily processing, monitoring, and follow up with Credit Union members with recovery of charged off loans. This includes agency and legal placements, recalls, and follow up of charged off loans with monthly reconciled inventory. Ensure all agency and legal invoices are reviewed for accuracy and proper payment.
? 25% Contact delinquent accounts by phone and mail; take appropriate collections actions to bring delinquent accounts current.
? 20% Maintain timely follow up of Bankruptcy filings (7, 11, and 13) for attorney assignment. Follow up with 'relief from stays,' proof of claims, reaffirmations, Chapter 13 repayment plans and other issues that arise through the Bankruptcy process.
? 5% Perform other duties as assigned.
1. KNOWLEDGE AND DUTIES: (40%) Reconcile all recovery assignments received internally and externally with the systems used to report and track the recovery portfolio. Complete placements and recalls of all recovery accounts to 3rd party agencies and/or attorney's within the timeframes established. Maintain accurate, complete, and thorough records for all Recoveries, Timely follow up for judgments, collections and/or any legal review required to increase the opportunity to achieve higher recovery production.
2. LOSS CONTROL (20%) Responsible for timely follow up on Bankruptcy filings for legal assignment or review to include proof of claims, reaffirmation's, and relief from stays when necessary. Accurate system updates with Bankruptcy information to include Chapter 13 repayment plans and legal filing updates.
3. INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTION (20%): Meet monthly/yearly goals established for delinquency and recovery goals set for the Collections Department.
4. ACCURACY (10%): Perform quality review and all follow up on Bankruptcy and legal filings.
5. TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION (10%) Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, associates, and other external parties. Seeks first to understand and encourage 'win-win' outcomes. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by assisting others within the Collections Department. Foster teamwork and ensures the Collections Department supports and embraces company?s core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
? A minimum of two (2) years? experience in performing a Collections recovery and bankruptcy role. Prior Collections experience in a Credit Union or similar financial services environment and/or working with the Symitar system is desirable.
? Must possess an advanced level proficiency using MS Excel which encompasses developing and working with PivotTables to include using vertical lookup features.
? Ability to analyze data from multiple sources and effectively research the data provided for accuracy. Strong math aptitude, reconciliation and balancing skills are required.
? Prior Accounting experience is desirable.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Para Legal education is a plus.
? A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensi