Loss Control Consultant - Costa Mesa, CA 9/7/2016
Bureau Veritas North America, Bureau Veritas Holdings
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Bureau Veritas North America, Inc., Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) services is seeking a full-time loss control consultant to join our team. The Southern California office, based in Costa Mesa, California, is a provider of consulting services in areas such as workers compensation, loss control, compliance, and property and liability for a number of local K-12 school districts and public universities. We are currently looking for an experienced individual to primarily serve as a provider of loss control services for a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) of K-12 school districts in the Greater Los Angeles area. Such an individual would be responsible for the following:
* Conduct Site Safety Audits of facilities and evaluate general conditions and safety hazards and generate reports providing corrective actions, as appropriate.
* Prepare inventories of hazardous materials present at all facilities and update online hazardous materials inventories and safety data sheets (SDSs). Also assist clients with the preparation of Hazardous Material Business Plans and submittals.
* Generate and provide electronic loss control bulletins pertaining to relevant and timely health and/or safety topics and industry trends.
* Provide general consulting support to each of our clients regarding loss control, health, and safety.
* Present various health and safety-related training topics to clients based on regulatory requirements and analyses of loss data trends affecting our clients.
* Participate in meeting with clients (board meetings, safety committee meetings, meetings with facility managers and supervisors).
* Respond to client requests for consultation and service in a timely manner.
* Review, develop, revise, and provide support in the implementation of health and safety programs such as the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plans, Hazard Communication, Chemical Hygiene, etc.
* Review, revise, develop, and maintain risk management guidelines.
* 2 5 years of loss control experience.
* Familiarity with local, state, and federal safety regulations.
* A Bachelor s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple clients concurrently.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
* Current California Driver s license
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: