Loss Control Consultant - P&C Commercial Insurance (4818)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
Alliant Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of Comprehensive Technical Risk Assessment Services and loss control training programs in order to service existing clients and to assist in securing new clients. Functions as part of an overall Account Management Team and provides support on both a regional and/or national basis for practice programs, Subguard Programs and Wrap-Up Programs as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Generates risk engineering and loss control solutions to a wide range of customers;
* Identifies and analyzes critical issues and implements or recommends solutions, operating on a holistic, multi-disciplinary Risk Management Platform philosophy;
* Designs and drafts complex loss control and site specific safety plans for large complex construction projects;
* Designs, develops and implements Comprehensive Technical Risk Assessment Services and loss control training programs;
* Assists in the marketing, coordination and delivery of risk control services to clients and prospects;
* Conducts field visits with Carrier Reps on behalf of existing and prospective clients;
* Consults and advises others regarding all Federal & State Safety Compliance regulations including OSHA, NFPA, JCAHO, enforcement, data & statistics and training;
* Utilizes interdisciplinary knowledge of coverage, claims and safety to articulate, consult and recommend solutions and plans to top level management in order to influence positive results;
* Coordinates cross functional relationships with Account Executives & Producers (Regional and National), Claims Managers (Regional & National), Wrap Up Teams, and External Insurance Carrier Loss Control representatives and industry or other trade association representatives;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or 10 years safety related experience
Extensive Industry knowledge particularly of Construction trade, management or other related industry work
CSP (Certified Safety Professional) required
OSHA 500 Certified Trainer
Superior written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation capabilities
Ability to coordinate efforts involving individuals from different geographic areas as well as external partners
Excellent leadership, problem solving, planning, and organizational skills-and can translate technical /tactical plans into strategic plans for customer use
Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, highly collaborative and to steer team dynamics for risk engineering facets
Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Office, Excel and other critical safety related software is essential
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.