Loss Prevention Officer (Full-Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment. The candidate will patrol the property, assist with investigations, and ensure proper documentation involving associate or guest incidents, including sickness and injuries.
* Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
* Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
* Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
* Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
* Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
* Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
* Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
* Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
* Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
* Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
* Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
* Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
* Must be able to stand and walk for up to 4 hours per shift.
* Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email, radio and reporting.
* Must have basic computer knowledge.
* Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel/resort at a rapid pace if necessary.
* First Aid/CPR Certification is preferred.
* Must be able to remain clam and professional during stressful situations.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: