Lumada- Senior SW Development Engineer-Hitachi Insight Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are working on products that will touch the lives of everyone. Are you ready to join our Hitachi Insight Group and work on something that will profoundly change the way that we live in cities, run our manufacturing plants, operate and maintain motor vehicles, power our world, and generally improve every facet of day to day life?
You will get to work in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment architecting, designing, developing and testing a cutting-edge cloud solution. In order to have the broadest impact, you will engage with Product Owners, Technology Architects, QA and Automation team members on cross-functional activities.
As a member of the DevOps team, your focus would be on improving engineering efficiency through the use of infrastructure resources and services. In addition to exploring open source technologies to assess whether they are viable for introduction to internal infrastructure or external products, the DevOps Team is responsible for providing and maintaining:
* Source Code Control System
* Defect Tracking
* Continuous integration systems
* Engineering Wiki (mediawiki, confluence)
* Test Case Tracking system
* Equipment Tracking / Status
* Archive configurations
* Usage Monitoring
* VM Inventory/utilization
* Proficiency with Linux and Windows system administration
* Tools development and management (Test Tracking, Automated Test Framework, Enhancement Management, Prioritization and Implementation)
* Data Center Management
* Provide high value contributions to development and qualification.
* Engage with internal engineering customers to proactively improve efficiency of the build, test and general lab infrastructure.
* Continuously assess and evolve technology and core components.
* Load balance with engineering cross-functional groups to achieve organizational objectives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Proficiency with Linux and Windows system administration
Moderate development capability in a modern scripting or programming language and the desire to learn more
Experience managing networks and configuring switches
Ability to troubleshoot problems across every facet of datacenter technology (server, network, storage, virtualization)
Ability to manage time and prioritize effectively