M & V Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Brady Trane Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: The M&V Manager is a multidisciplinary role that requires knowledge in all facets of Performance Contracting and building systems. The focus of this position is to support the Measurement & Verification needs of the Energy Services and Controls Strategic Business Unit at Brady. This position will assist the Quality Assurance Program Leader with the development and maintenance of M&V standard operating procedures and process/workflows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Apply M&V principles to develop and implement M&V plans for ESPCs utilizing current IPMVP and FEMP guidelines
* Manages and leads M&V Engineers: plans activities and work projects and assigns responsibility for carrying out and completing specific projects and duties; oversees training and performance management; provides mentoring, coaching, disciplinary action and/or performance improvement plans when necessary; develops and manages Individual Development Plans
* Liaise with customer representatives throughout all phases of a project to ensure good customer service, clear lines of communication, appropriate access to facilities and data, and facilitate customer training
* Develop and manage project budgets, including hard and soft costs
* Demonstrate fundamental technical writing skills for document preparation
* Review and QC savings calculations during project development
* Review and apply savings calculations during performance verification
* Analyze and apply appropriate utility rate schedules and riders to properly value energy savings during the preparation of the Annual Reconciliation Report
* Analyze data through a variety of methods to verify performance and savings, including utility bill analyses, building/energy simulations, and data analytics software
* Operate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for various Building Automation Systems for performance verification of control sequences, to download trend data and programming, and to troubleshoot performance of various interconnected systems and devices
* Demonstrate fundamental skills with standard measurement technology
* Perform and supervise various field activities, including meter and data logger installation, safety and hazard analysis, proper troubleshooting techniques, energy audits and field inspections
* Administer/perform various risk mitigation techniques throughout all phases of a project
* Manage subcontractors and subordinate field personnel, including preparation of Scopes of Work, negotiating pricing for services, supervising all assigned field work, and reviewing data and reports for completeness and accuracy
* Preparing and conducting presentations for external customer representatives, as well as internal team members and other Brady associates
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Required: 5 years of experience in M&V, or 3 years in M&V with at least 2 years of experience in a related HVAC or Engineering field (applicable military experience may be an acceptable substitute for related experience)
* Required: B.S. in an Engineering or Building Sciences field, or a Physics/Math based technical degree, or 4 years of relevant experience
* Demonstrate knowledge of all types of building systems, interdependence/interconnection, and their potential impact on ECMs, energy savings, and building operations
COMPUTER SKILLS: Utilize Windows-based PCs to perform daily tasks, including a variety of minimal skills with computers and standard software packages:
* Intermediate level of skills with MS Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro
* Basic level of skills with MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publi