This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Black Box Network Services
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosting Title
Black Box Network Services Federal division is a premier provider of Voice, Data, Transport, and Cabling infrastructure services and products to the Federal Government and the supporting organizations located in Herndon, Virginia. Black Box Network Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: MAC Technician
Location: San Diego and Southern California
The MAC position will be between 7:30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Government holidays. However, the Government may also require contractor to perform MACs outside of the normal working hours.
* Act as Telephone installation and repair technician in support of Black Box O&M contract
* Valid California Driver s License required
* A minimum of 6 years telephone moves, adds, and changes experience required
* Professional verbal and written communication skill is required. Good grammar is required
* This position requires good customer service skills
* Professional appearance in accordance with Black Box standards
* Work schedule may require nights and weekends
* This position requires standing, squatting, bending, working beneath computer floors, above false ceilings, and climbing ladders
* Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted required
* Ability to perform station cabling, telephone moves, adds, and changes (MACS)
* Ability to perform inside plant Main Distribution Frame cross connects
* Swing jumper to correct port at the MDF. Includes testing and all cross-connects required to provide service
* Ability to read, interpret, and complete Customer Service Orders (CSOs)
* Remove service from the PBX or LEC F1 to the service jack. Include PBX analog and digital lines, 1MB lines, ISDN lines, residential lines, 2-wire and 4-wire circuits (on-base and off-base circuits). Include the removal of all cross-connects between the PBX or LEC F1 to the service jack. One unit per PBX line, 1MB line, ISDN line, residential line or circuit.
* Install High Speed Circuit
* Install high speed circuit; LEC circuit or on-base campus circuit. Include all point-to-point cross-connects required to provide service; F1 cross-connects, MDF to 1.1, remote cross-connects, 1.1 to jack. Include installation of customer provided pair gain equipment and end to end testing.
* Disconnect High Speed Circuit
* The removal of a high speed circuit at MPOE, remove all cross- connects between the MPOE/ PBX to the 1.1. If pair gain is involved, technician shall recover equipment at customer site and at switch room.
* Ability to read and interpret building floor plans and schematics
* Install New and Re-Use of Wire & Jack
* Install service from the PBX or LEC F1 to the service jack. Include PBX analog and digital lines, 1MB lines, ISDN lines, residential lines, 2-wire and 4-wire circuits (on-base and off-base circuits). Include all cross-connects required to provide service; F1 cross-connects, MDF to 1.1, remote cross-connects, 1.1 to jack. Include testing, wire and jack and any miscellaneous material required to provide service. One unit per PBX line, 1MB line, ISDN line, residential line, or circuit.
* Knowledge of VoIP required
* Basic computer and keyboarding skills required
* Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (email) & Power Point required
* Working knowledge of Avaya G3 Definity Switch, Avaya Communication Manager (CM6)
* Having your own tools a plus (Buttset, wire wrap, etc.)
* Candidate needs to have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Additional post high school training or college is a plus
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.