MAII SMT End of Line Inspector (Swing shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Coeur D Alene, ID
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Manufacturing Associate II SMT End of Line Inspector (Swing shift)
Advanced Input Systems
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Advanced Input Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, designs and manufactures touch, sensing, and control solutions (complex control panels, user interface systems, and touch technology integration) for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the medical, gaming, industrial, marine, transportation, and defense industries. We provide end-to-end solutions with complex product range and low cost of ownership for specific customer applications. Advanced Input Systems has a demonstrated record of incorporating any user-input and display technology in thousands of input systems for more than 1,000 companies.
We cooperatively develop products through customer outsourcing initiatives. These diverse projects allow Advanced Input Systems to identify, develop, manufacture, and support solutions for the entire product life-cycle.
Advanced Input Systems currently has an opening for a MAII SMT End of Line Inspector.
Title: Manufacturing Associate II-SMT End of Line Inspector
Reports to: Swing Shift Manager
Location: Coeur d Alene, Idaho, United States
Grade: N2 (DOE)
Post reflow evaluation of printed wire assemblies to determine acceptability. This position represents the entry level to mid-level position for production workers and requires skill sets equal to or higher than an Manufacturing Associate I.
* Manual visual inspection of printed wire assemblies to determine acceptability to IPC, company and customer standards.
* Performs touch up of solder joints when found to be unacceptable.
* Utilizes automatic optical inspection equipment to augment manual visual inspection.
* Communicates with surface mount placement equipment operators to improve quality and efficiencies of surface mount placement processes.
* Manually solders on surface mount components when required.
* Good understanding of IPC acceptance criteria for electrical assemblies
* Basic understanding of the requirements of manual visual inspection of electrical assemblies
* Good manual soldering skills
* Basic understanding of surface mount processes
* Ability to read and interpret production documents and drawings
* Must have good written and oral communication skills
* Good attendance record
* Ability to work with others conflict free
* Must have good hand eye coordination
* Detail orientated
* Ability to learn new concepts
* Flexibility as related to job responsibilities
* Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
* Ability to lift less than 20 pounds frequently
* Must be willing to work overtime as required
* Highly skilled in surface mount soldering
* Strong knowledge of Surface mount processes.
* Knowledgeable in A.O.I. equipment function and operation
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, and values diversity.
Education/ Previous Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or G.E.D.
* Post reflow inspection of electrical assemblies
* Electro-Mechanical production experience
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. In addition, all employees of Advanced Input are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
* Help train and give guidance to employees
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
* Provide customers with the highest quality of products and services
* Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
* Report to work as scheduled
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).