This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Wall Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A day in the life of a HVAC/Maintenance Mechanic at Meridian includes:
* Move and relocate office furniture; make adjustments to desks, chairs and files.
* Oversee roof maintenance program; inspect condition of roofs; clean roof gutters and drains.
* Install and repair lamps, ballasts and covers.
* Checks, adjusts and balances air handler systems to insure proper flow and temperature.
* Checks steam system for proper pressures and make the necessary repairs.
* Maintains building temperatures at prescribed levels by operating and utilizing central DDC computer energy management systems.
* Performs preventative maintenance inspections on all heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, refrigeration systems, medical gas systems and associated equipment.
* Inspects and calibrates pneumatic system and controls.
* Maintains proper water treatment conditions for cooling towers and related equipment.
* Winterizes and properly protects air conditions systems from freezing.
* Inspects repairs and balances bearings, shaft, and pulleys on fan, pumps and motors.
* Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars.
* Installs air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
* Repairs and/or replaces compressors, fans, pumps, evaporators and condensers.
* Brazes and/or solder water tube pipe and fittings.
* Evacuates charge and adjusts Freon-charged air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
* Inspects, checks and maintains daily all heating and air conditioning systems to operate in an energy efficient manner.
* Assists with painting and wall covering/ceiling grid and tile.
* Installs ceramic tile and vinyl composition tile.
* Performs PM work in patient room and other related areas.
* Repairs, installs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams and sketches.
* Observes mechanical devices (pumps, engines and motors) in operation and makes prescribed periodical preventative maintenance service check.
* Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipe fittings and plumbing fixtures.
* Estimates material requirements and costs.
* May be assigned to specific projects utilizing masonry, plumbing, carpentry or electrical knowledge and skills.
* Assists with snow and ice removal during inclement weather conditions.
* May be assigned to Fire Brigade to respond to fire.
* Performs other job related duties as directed/requested.
Must have High School Diploma or GED.
* Must have at least 3 to 5 years Maintenance experience within a Healthcare environment.
* Some HVAC experience is required
* Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
* Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including alternating weekends and holidays when needed.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.