MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB PURPOSE:
The Business Development Manager must manage and optimize the existing fly ash marketing contracts based on profitability and efficiency with a focus on market share growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Secure fly ash marketing contracts that significantly increase our market share
* Identify and secure opportunities to bid on fly ash marketing contracts in order to improve profitability and increase our market share
* Manage all reporting requirements contained in the fly ash marketing contracts while ensuring compliance without defaulting on the contract
* Prepare economic analysis models and present opportunities to market fly ash
* Actively represent Cemex and MRT in trade associations and meetings which will create opportunities for increasing our market
* Managing the schedule of visits to potential utility customers
* Working with Operations Manager to improve safety and increase operational excellence while staying within the restrictions of the fly ash marketing contract
* Gathering data and performing analysis to support strategic growth opportunities and increased profitability
* Participate in the development of future marketing bids
* Negotiate profitable extensions to our current fly ash marketing contracts
* Being able to effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives while progressing towards annual goals
* Adhere to all Cemex requirements for pricing and quotations, vehicle and expense account management, and customer file management.
* Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
* Meet or exceed company safety standards
* Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Procurement preferred
* 5 years of experience in the Utility Industry, Fly Ash, Concrete, Admixtures, Construction Products, Cement, Slag, or construction industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to interpret and comprehend legal contracts/agreements
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Team player, able take a large role in dealing effectively with various internal and external teams/departments and senior management
* Highest Ethics and Management of Confidential information
* Proactive. Positive self-starter attitude
* Good sense of urgency
* Capability to work extended hours as necessary
* Ability to work with standard office/computer Equipment
* Capable of working in an open office environment
* Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary , up to 50% travel
* Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
* Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
* Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX es una institucin EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/accin afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religin, discapacidad fsica o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientacin sexual, infomacin gentica, identidad de gnero, o expresin de gnero en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.