This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DOLLAR GENERAL IS LOOKING FOR STORE MANAGERS, ASSISTANTS, AND STORE LEADS
Manage all employees and processes in a high sales volume retail store carrying a balanced combination of food and general merchandise. Responsible for ensuring that store functions are completed including, but not limited to ordering, receiving, stocking, merchandise presentation, staffing, cash handling, shrink control and customer service. In addition to general merchandise, food categories include produce, dry foods, meats, and dairy/frozen foods.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review operating statements to identify the store's business trends including sales, profitability expense control opportunities, potential shrink improvement, etc. Maintain positive trends and ensure compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures manual, policies and work processes.
* Review Ad/Planner ordering plans.
* Review Perishable and Food ordering processes to maximize sales and minimize markdowns.
* Ensure store meets or exceeds in-stock targets.
* Validate (Find - Fill - Fix) processes and 7 day work flow.
* Facilitate efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise.
* Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices and plans.Utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
* Control damages and markdowns.
* Manages store budget.
* Maintain strict cashier accountability, key control, scanning accuracy and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
* Ensure that qualified and high performing store employees are recruited, interviewed, selected, hired, trained, assigned tasks and retained.
* Develop and maintain employee work schedules in coordination with Assistant Manager.
* Supervise and ensure Front-End Lead associates as well as authorized key carriers are trained in proper store operations and the supervision of store employees.
* Evaluated employee performance and addresses employee performance and/ or conduct issues through coaching, counseling and when necessary the termination process.
* Ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws and company policies.
* Recommend pay rates and advancement.
* Properly address employee leave requests.
* Ensure that staff obtains all required local and state food handling certifications.
* Ensure store is appropriately staffed and opened and closed in a timely manner each day based on the store's posted store hours.
* Ensure that store regularly meets safety, food handling and sanitation standards. Pl