MANAGER, MFG ENGINEERING
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Accountabilities
Crown Cork & Seal of Owatonna is currently accepting applications for a Divisional Manager, Manufacturing Engineering with an electrical engineering emphasis. The individual will support ten (10) high volume/high velocity production facilities throughout the United States. Position could travel up to 70% of the time regularly interfacing with Planning, Engineering Support Teams, and Quality, and with a continual focus on Safety, the successful candidate will coordinate priorities and actions to achieve the goals of each of the assigned plants.
- supervising electrical engineering performed by engineering consultants, ensuring that work performed meets applicable installation and safety codes
- assisting operations in determination of machine control hardware and software,
- monitoring machine vendor s progress
- Consulting with plant operations to assist in resolving machine performance improvements.
- design and documentation of electrical power feed systems, control systems and panels
- setting and monitoring electrical equipment standards and specifications
- seek continuous improvement in cost and function through monitoring and interacting with operations related electrical equipment reliability
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor s degree in electrical or electronics engineering (Professional registration is preferred), or a minimum of 5 years experience which must include:
- designing machine and line control systems utilizing programmable controllers (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Modicon, etc.),
- and writing and troubleshooting control programs.
Candidate should also have:
- strong technical knowledge showing broad understanding of electrical power and controls design and installation,
- a proven record of delivering engineering outputs to achieve scheduled targets, and experience with facilities power distribution (including voltages to 600v & three phase) and control systems and subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in PLC logic programming, documentation and wire diagram preparation, CAD skills are a must.
As part of our Total Safety Culture, CROWN is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our employees and their families. In exchange for your talents, you ll earn a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including paid medical and dental insurance, holidays and vacation, with 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Qualified applicants should complete an online application at www.crowncork.com and click on careers.