MANUFACTURING ENGINEER I 173.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
* Minimum 1-3 years manufacturing experience preferably in an aerospace environment.
* Must possess a working knowledge of fabrication, assembly and shop math.
* Must have demonstrated experience with a wide range of material processes and the use of and the design of tools, fixtures and gauges.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computerized systems preferred.
* Requires a 4-year degree in manufacturing/mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under close supervision, determines, for simple to complex customer programs, the optimal manufacturing methods and processes for producing company products. Leads a product through start-up to satisfactory production, coordinating the manufacturing processes involved to meet customer, government and company requirements. Analyzes engineering design documents to establish manufacturing methods/processes, prepares bill of material for procurement of material and describes vendor serviced required for the manufacture of parts, provides program management for complex projects. Prepares changes to meet revised customer requirements, reviews progress with the customer, analyzes discrepant parts, dispositions nonconforming material reports and prepares rework/repair procedures and customer submittal documents are required, works with shop floor staff and supervisors to ensure proper use of tools and implementation of planned methods/processes and provides technical support as needed, provides engineering time and tooling cost estimates to Estimating department. Performs other related duties as assigned.
*Candidate of interest has been identified.
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)