MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 6/27/2017
The Engineering Technician, under minimal supervision, shall assist engineers, department supervisor, in design, procurement, installation and validation of new and upgraded manufacturing process equipment. Position will also include process and product troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and process improvement productivity data collection, analysis and reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist engineers and production supervisor in completing assigned tasks.
* Data collection and identification of areas for process and equipment improvements.
* Design assistance for upgraded and new equipment.
* Assist in procurement of process equipment.
* Oversight of process equipment installation and upgrade.
* Documentation of installation or upgrade.
* Oversight and documentation of process validations.
* Documentation of process instructions.
* Documentation of process specifications and/or equipment parameters.
* Develop and document setup troubleshooting routines.
* Train operators on setup and operations.
* Track setup times, cycle times and downtime for each new process improvement.
* Process and product troubleshooting.
* Respond to the technical support requests of the Development Engineering/manufacturing group, prioritized scheduling of concurrent and planned technical efforts
* All other duties as assigned.
* Objectivity in analysis and assessing probability of success by considering all options and ideas put forth by others.
* Willingness to challenge current processes and identify key areas of improvement.
* Capability of working independently and within a team in a technical environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Effectiveness at creating and maintaining project plans with timelines that meet required schedules.
* Ability to obtain and apply fundamental knowledge of current and new manufacturing processes.
* Leadership traits and principles as evidenced by ability to engage others toward successful completion of assigned projects.
* Capability in problem solving and process troubleshooting.
* Ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers.
* Ability to apply sound judgment to all efforts.
* Ability to implement new equipment and processes in a timely manner.
* Progress in becoming a skilled technical writer and trainer by attending classes if necessary.
* Ability to maintain neat and organized work areas.
* Ability to multi-task efforts on several projects.
* High mechanical aptitude, excellent reporting writing and documentation skills.
* 2 year of related experience.
* Microsoft office skills.