MATERIALS MANAGER, OPERATING ROOM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Has responsibility and accountability for improving the quality and efficiency of supply inventory, order, receipt, distribution and stocking, and the satisfaction of internal and external customers in the York Street Campus (YSC). Ensures integration of the OR Supply Chain with information systems, distributors, vendors and other hospital departments. Manages and develops the Supply Chain staff within the department and any contracted resource management staff such as the Owens and Minor Programs including PANDAC, Surgitrack, SRC Room Replenishment Program, YSC OR Room Readiness and QSight analysts across the three campuses. Ensures that contracted staff perform at a level consistent with contract parameters and other service expectations. Is responsible for the evaluation and integration of automated materials management systems such as QSight and Pdad into the Operating Room Materials System. Serves as system administrator and /or manages vendor provided systems support staff. Ensures and coordinates staff training and compliance with system requirements. Generates reports to monitor performance of relevant staff and develops action plans for improvement and reviews and acts upon recommendations of contracted staff. Ensures compliance with standards of regulatory bodies and commissions in relationship to supply management including JCAHO, uniform commercial code, OSHA, MOSH and FDA. Provides project management expertise necessary to drive significant breakthroughs within the Service. Responsible for independent action in project oversight, systems design and implementation, budget development and control, information systems operations and a variety of special projects. Evaluates current systems including EPIC, Lawson, Qsight, and SIMS and coordinates planned changes, up-grades, and conversions as necessary. Utilizes available databases to provide financial and operational reports and recommendations and to assess the impact of systems changes. Continually monitors and performs monthly review of operating results to include inventory valuation, stockouts, backorders and substitutions, JIT direct delivery, QA of distribution functions and staff satisfaction. Coordinates relevant service changes relating to changes in the environment of Perioperative services including adjustments for volume, inventory turnover and valuation, changes in utilization and/or preference, contracting changes, consignment, and/or staff feedback
* 1. Maintains control of inventory in Yale New Haven Hospital including York St Campus OR storage areas of SPOR, NPOR, WPOR and AMOR. Maintains the integrity of OR item master through the YD05 screens of Lawson for the three business locations of YNHH to populate EPIC 's clinical documentation with regards to pick lists. Works with Supply Chain Analytics (SCA) to ensure that the item master is clean: all items used in the OR have Lawson number, appropriate clinical description, unit of measure, cost, charge codes, supply and implant type
* 2. Leads, facilitates and executes projects to improve Perioperative Services supply organization, inventory, order, receipt, stocking, distribution, tracking and valuation. Provides leadership in meeting goals and objectives. Interacts with OR Management Team across campuses, staff, surgeons, distributors, supply vendors, software vendors, MIS, Purchasing, Contracting, Hospital Materials Management and Internal Auditing. Influences and communicates with all levels of clinical, financial, and operational management concerning team goals and progress. Accomplishes these goals by utilizing EPIC, Lawson, Q-sight, Terso, Aeroscout, and other information systems to develop supporting integrated clinical, financial, and operational data and reports.
* 3. Provides key financial and operational data on new products introduced in OR New Technology Committee and to identify business and operational issues requiring management attention and resources. Participates in associated evaluation, research, communications and deployment as appropriate. Participates in departmental task forces and committees to provide operational input. Makes quality *focused recommendations relative to the operational management of OR Materials procurement, distribution and valuation. Implements vendor policy consistently across campuses.
* 4. Designs and utilizes reports to monitor key performance indicators (KPI) to quality measurements and operational goals. Develops materials distribution and utilization analyses that meet users' needs and support YNHH business plan relating to Peri-Operative Services. Provides operational and financial data in a useable format allowing for the identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies to accomplish goals and objectives within the perioperative resource management arena. Proposes technology and service improvements to enhance productivity, quality and customer satisfaction. Drives measurable and sustainable process improvement to eliminate defects.
* 5. Ensures compliance with standards of federal, state and local regulatory bodies and commissions in relationship to supply management including JCAHO, Department of Health, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), OSHA, MOSH and Food and Drug Administration. Ensures that product recalls and other RASMAS alerts are addressed and appropriate actions completed in a timely manner. Benchmarks both internal and external business processes to identify best in class processes and bring them into use for OR Materials Management.
* 6. Directs supervisory and line staff (Yale and contract employees) in a mutually respectful and professional manner. Aligns OR Material Management organizational structure to meet the demands of changing surgical environment including clinical services integration, product and instrument standardization across campuses. Identifies and manages FTEs required to successfully execute projects as needed. Encourages open and honest communications. Works to achieve a favorable employee relations environment to include working with the employee engagement survey and process, recognition events, monthly roundings and staff meetings and open forums.
* 7. Facilitates development and implementation of OR Material Management multi -year business plan with focus on effective new service line development, clinical integration of services between and among the three campuses, services or consolidation of services related to case carts in one central location for the three campuses. Researches and evaluates all pertinent operational and financial data regarding the feasibility of introducing new services or revising existing services for example supporting, planning and transitioning new surgeons and/or programs into the OR. Develops OR Materials performance financial summary with operating and management personnel for review and evaluation by executive management.
* 8. Coordinates the preparation of annual operating expense budget proposals and personnel requirements for materials services. Establishes and maintains processes for variation reduction in such budgets. Is responsible for the preparation of reports, documents, statistical surveys and other data to document and demonstrate service performance.
* 9. Ensures YNHH OR Materials Management's participation on Northeast Purchasing Coalition (NPC) initiatives, OR Non Labor Committee and other system level groups and collaboratively sets goals for expense reduction projects, product conversions and standardizations ensuring that appropriate data is obtained including utilization, vendors, users,