(MAVA) Academic Liaison 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(MAVA) Academic Liaison
Academic Liaison INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The Academic Liaison facilitates instructionally sound and timely educational support to students and their families by assisting the Executive Director and Manager, School Operations & Academics in matters of curriculum and academics. This position also assists the team with curriculum planning and decision-making.
AS AN ACADEMIC LIAISON, YOU WILL...
* Guide and support Administrative team toward addressing the various learning styles and needs of students; collaborate with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches;
* As a member of the school academics leadership team, proactively address identified needs and support efforts in curriculum and academics;
* Inform and consult with Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Administrative team on academic supports;
* Guide Administrative team and teachers in developing plans to augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures, using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
* Confer with Administrative team and teachers regarding student curricular and instructional issues; balance the flexibility of school curriculum with policies and procedures;
* Assist with curriculum orders;
* Develop and deliver curriculum support for specified grade levels;
* Provide best practices to support the development and implementation of academic-related projects.
* Prepare reports and presentations of assigned programs and projects;
* Support a school culture and climate conducive to effective teaching and learning.
* This is an office-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
Get to know MAVA!
* Massachusetts Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Bachelor s Degree(s) in related field AND
* Three (3) years of relevant professional experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Valid teaching certificate
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
* Ability to travel 10% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience advising leadership in related educational matters
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Master s Degree in related field
****School Based Position in Greenfield, MA 01301****
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend