MDS Coordinator - (Sterling, VA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Potomac Falls Health & Rehab Center, in Sterling, VA, has a career opportunity for a dynamic MDS Coordinator to round out our team that is responsive, compassionate and caring to the needs of our patients, residents and their families.
Potomac Falls Health & Rehab Center provides a resident-centered, customer service approach to care by qualified staff that values quality and commits to compliance and higher standards. Our goal is simple: to use innovative techniques and creative thinking to provide more efficient and effective treatments. We have worked to create a welcoming, enjoyable atmosphere, whether people come for short-term rehab or long-term care. We are doing more than just challenging the status quo - We are changing lives!
Successful service excellence candidates will have the following qualifications and ability to:
* Coordinate the completion of MDS assessments, CAA's and Care Plans. Review for accuracy and completeness.
* Provide leadership to interdisciplinary team for management of the MDS and Care Plan process.
* Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of assessment completion including interdisciplinary assessments and care plan development.
* Make informed decisions regarding MDS item set coding judgments.
* Understand the financial and regulatory impact of adequately and accurately capturing all services.
* Ensure that disciplines that care for and assess the patient/resident participate in the RAI process.
* Assist Center Leadership with Quality Improvement efforts, staff education, and regulatory compliance as it relates to the RAI process, Quality Care, and Reimbursement.
* Assist Center in determining and assessing level of care for new and ongoing residents.
* Develop/maintain schedule/calendar for all skilled and non-skilled patients/residents and provide to interdisciplinary team member.
* Coordinate with all disciplines the establishment of the most appropriate common assessment reference period to accurately reflect the patient's/resident's status.
* Ensure documentation relative to the resident assessment process is maintained according to Medicare/Medicaid as well as state, federal and company guidelines and procedures.
* Attest to the completeness of the MDS.
* Work with Administrator to ensure CMI scores are an accurate reflection of the center's residents.
* Facilitate implementation of required interventions.
* Address concerns/complaints, follow up and keep Administrator informed.
* Lead/oversee the PP/Clinical Reimbursement meeting and Utilization Review group.
* Promote a culture of Service Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Current RN license in good standing in VA.
* Prefer two years of experience with the MDS process and/or RAC-CT certification.
* Must demonstrate excellent communications.
* Must be proficient in the use of computers.
* Must be flexible, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and be able to make effective decisions and work as part of a service excellence team.
Come be a part of a team that is driven by our mission to provide a peace of mind to those we care for: our patients, residents, families and staff. Be part of a Service Excellence culture!
Drug Free & EOE