JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Accountabilities Crown Cork & Seal s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Production Mechanics at their new manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will trouble-shoot, repair, adjust and maintain all related equipment involved with running production at this high-speed state-of-the-art metal packaging manufacturing facility. This would include operation of equipment as well as identifying areas of spoilage and taking appropriate corrective action to resolve the issues. Equipment would include body makers, printers, washers, spray equipment, neckers and flangers as well as other production machinery. This position will also develop standard operating procedures; provide training for equipment operation and reinforce all safety procedures. Job Requirements
* A high school graduate or equivalent with 5+ years working experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
* An Associates/technical degree is preferred or a related vocational/technical certification (journeyman card, technical license, etc.).
* Strong proven working experience in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting skills and equipment re-build expertise are required for these roles.
* Experience in using controls and settings on high-speed automated equipment.
* High competency in the use of micrometers, calipers and related equipment.
* Strong math and computer skills.
* This position also requires the individual to be able to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and parts specifications.
* Effective and proven communication skills working in a team environment.
* Both domestic and international travel may be required for training for this position.
* Employees must have their own set of basic tools.
* Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
* Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gain sharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all of our employees and their families.