This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
THIRD STREET MANAGEMENT LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNATURE & SCOPE
Provide resident medication administration, treatments and resident oversight in accordance with doctor s order s, state regulations and company policy including but not limited to: taking accurate orders, processing orders, ordering and securing medication, pouring, preparing, administering, providing ordered treatments and assuring accurate documentation.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Minimum of one-year previous experience as a personal care aide for the elderly in an assisted living or long-term care setting.
* Successfully complete DHSR Adult Care Medication Aide training requirements including Medication Aide Clinical Skills check off (return demonstration/ medication pass) and successful passing of the State Medication Aide test within 60 days of skills check off.
* Successfully completed State Infectious Disease Course.
* Must possess all required licenses and/or certifications if required by State licensing authority and maintain continuing education requirements.
* Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and general public.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly. Must respect that the work environment is the Resident s home.
* Must have basic computer skills or willing to learn computer skills needed for e-MAR system.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, ethical, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
* Must practice and promote Meridian Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and Goals.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provide medication administration and treatments for residents in accordance with doctor s order s, state regulations and company policy including: taking accurate orders, processing orders, ordering and securing medication, pouring, preparing, administering, documentation and documentation of results.
* Assure resident privacy and uphold Resident Rights in the administration of medication and treatments.
* Medication Aide must have basic understanding of diabetes, diabetic care, diabetic medications, glucometer management, finger stick blood sugar testing, insulin administration and be able to recognize and act upon symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia as indicated per State regulations.
* Medication aide is responsible for proper management of narcotic medications to include ordering, procuring, maintaining chain of command, storage, reconciliation and documentation.
* Observe residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects, accidents, injuries or unusual occurrence and reports immediately to Supervisor in Charge or Resident Care/Memory Care Manager.
* Responsible to assure referral and follow-up relevant to health care issues is completed.
* Ensure sound infection control practices in the management and delivery of resident care, medications and/or treatments.
* Perform medication cart audits and assist in maintaining the