MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED 40hrs Danvers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG)
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of a registered nurse, physician, or mid level provider, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during and between office visits and other tasks consistent with his / her training and skills. His / her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the office, function as a "flow manager", to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
* Excellent critical thinking skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Document all patient communications and clinical treatments accurately and appropriately
* Comply with established risk management and safety procedures
* Comply with all local, state and federal privacy and confidentiality rules and regulations
* Sound judgment and problem solving ability
* Ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and busy environment and see them through to completion
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Maintain or obtain CPR certification and participate in site-based CPR drills.
* Applies the principles of aseptic/sterile technique and infection control at all times.
* Performs sterilization of medical equipment
* Complies with all quality control programs
* Educates the patient within the scope of practice and as directed by supervising provider in health maintenance, disease prevention, disease management and compliance with the patients treatment plan.
* Helps the provider and patient identify community resources for health maintenance and disease prevention.
* Assists provider and other office staff in population management using available tools
* Strong organizational skills
* Completion of a formal program in Medical Assisting OR Matriculation in, or graduate of, an Associates or Bachelors degree program in nursing (RN). Nursing students must have completed fundamentals of nursing, skills lab, and at least one clinical rotation in medical / surgical nursing.
Must have current certification with one of the following organizations:
* American Assoc. of Medical Assistants (AAMA) - Credential: CMA
* American Medical Technologists (AMT), - Credential: RMA
* National Healthcare Association (NHA) - Credential: CCMA
* National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) - Credential: NCMA
2 years experience in a related physicians office setting is preferred.