MEDICAL ASSISTANT I - Waltham, MA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 5/31/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of the Nursing Director, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the physicians, Advance Practitioners, and Nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during all types of office visits and tasks related to the visit consistent with his/her training and skills pass off. The medical assistant works with a multidisciplinary team in providing a wide variety of clinical and technical functions on a daily basis. The MAs primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the clinic, to maintain neat, clean and safe patient care areas and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
* Graduate of an approved MGH medical assistant program or equivalent
* Medical Assistant and Basic Life Support certification recommended, Associates Degree preferred.
* High School Diploma required
* Good communication skills and team player
* Sound judgment and problem-solving ability
* Ability to prioritize
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment and see them through to completion
* Accuracy and attention to detail
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.