MEDICAL ASSISTANT II / PER DIEM / ROTATING / BWH URGENT CARE, Foxborough
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
About Brigham and Womens/Mass General Health Care Center:
Brigham and Womens/Mass General Health Care Center is a comprehensive, community-based, multi-specialty ambulatory care center located in Patriot Place, a retail lifestyle center located adjacent to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The Center offers a wide range of ambulatory services including Day Surgery, Primary Care, Medical and Surgical specialties, as well as comprehensive ancillary services: Pharmacy, Clinical Laboratory Services, Phlebotomy, and a wide range of Diagnostic Imaging services. This deep breadth of patient services under one roof requires that each of our team members embody the willingness and ability to work across departments in order to provide an integrated patient experience.
While the Centers location is 25 miles from the main campus of BWH, it is an expectation that the Centers services offered will comply with the standards of care found at our main campus. In addition, all physicians practicing at the Center will be fully credentialed at BWH and will provide the same excellence of care that makes the BWH nationally recognized for clinical excellence. The administrative and clinical staff of the Center must demonstrate the same high level of competence and professionalism found at the main campus. Travel to main campus may be required for professional development or business reasons.
Expectations for all Brigham and Womens / Mass General Health Care Center Employees:
Each employee is responsible for understanding the importance of and contributing to creating an environment that puts Patients First. To that end, all Center employees are expected to:
Work in an efficient manner
Practice safe patient care
Practice multi-disciplinary cross-coverage duties as needed
Work effectively in a team environment
Demonstrate a consistently high level of professionalism
Provide excellent, consistent customer service
Be willing to participate in changes to improve the Patient First environment.
These eight expectations are key to the Centers success and are core competencies required by all Center employees, regardless of role.
The Medical Assistant functions as a member of the clinical team under the supervision of the attending physician and nursing staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately performs all functions necessary in the urgent care setting, excluding procedures that require a nursing license i.e., the administration of medications, injections, etc.
2. Assists physicians and mid-level providers in the acquisition and proper use of all supplies and equipment relating to the care of the patient.
3. Obtains pertinent and accurate information from the patient and communicates this information, in a professional manner to the physicians and/or mid-level providers. In addition, complete necessary documentation related to patient care and report to nurse or physician as indicated.
4. Assists clinical team in medication reconciliation process by taking and documenting a complete medication history as needed.
5. Accurately records all patient data and maintains all necessary records or files pertaining to the patient. This includes updating the electronic medical record with vital signs, etc.
6. Informs patients of any existing procedure or appointment delays and provides approximate waiting time.
7. Assists all patients in a courteous, efficient, helpful and professional manner.
8. Treats all patients and family members with dignity, compassion and respect.
9. Appropriately prepares patient for examinations or procedures.
10. Assists physicians and mid-level providers during examinations, procedures and care of patient.
11. Provide assistance at the front desk to direct patient inquiries as required.
a. Direct telephone calls from patients to appropriate provider.
b. Provide patient information only as directed by clinical staff.
12. Set up for sterile procedures and assist with procedures as directed.
13. Prepares all lab specimens, complete required requisitions and arrange for transport to Clinical Lab as needed.
14. Performs EKGs, Point of Service (POC) testing, vital signs, splinting, phlebotomy, and any other medical assistant tasks in accordance to protocol.
15. Follows all infection control protocols and demonstrates accuracy in all procedures.
16. Maintains a professional relationship with physicians, mid-level providers, co-workers, patients and management team.
17. Keeps physicians and staff up to date on patient volume and waiting status per unit standards.
18. Keeps all patient-care and procedure equipment clean and in good working order and reports equipment problems to nursing/management.
19. Properly stocks patient-care area and makes cost effective use of supplies, equipment and other resources.
20. Performs all duties and tasks as requested by physicians, nursing and management, to ensure the efficient overall performance of the facility.
21. Attends all required staff meetings.
22. Performs annual competencies.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor Degree strongly preferred
*The ideal candidate will be a college graduate or currently enrolled in college, pursuing a degree in nursing, science or other allied health field.
Urgent Care Center in an ambulatory healthcare environment.
No direct supervisory FTEs.
Responsible for training of new staff and taking lead role for other staff.
Responsible for coordinating MA coverage with Practice Manager to ensure smooth patient flow.
Works closely with Practice Manager on staffing coverage.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL I CARE STANDARDS
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF