MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST A - Chemistry Lab York St Campus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, Shift Coordinators, and Section Coordinators, performs a wide range of clinical laboratory testing in an accurate and timely fashion by utilizing technical and problem -solving skills in conjunction with a thorough knowledge of Clinical Chemistry principles and instrumentation. Cooperatively and proactively assists in other areas as needed in a teamwork oriented environment. Maintains effective communications and harmoniously transfers testing and pending follow ups between employees and shifts following all CHAMP and HRO standards. Maintains procedure knowledge and implements all new and revised procedures in real time. Maintains all Quality Control and Quality Assurance standards at all times. Participates in proficiency testing as assigned following all routine standards and workflow. Maintains operational effectiveness and assumes full responsibility for continuing education requirements, licensure, and expertise to adapt as needed to an expanding department with increased testing complexity.
* 1. Technical Skills - Demonstrates technical competency by performing a wide variety of techniques involved in the chemistry laboratory. These include moderate to highly complex tests.
* 1.1 Performs tests according to laboratory procedures with acceptable accuracy and precision.
* 2. Instrumentation Skills - Demonstrates sufficient knowledge and skills to independently operate all 24/7 instrumentation/areas.
* 2.1 Performs instrument maintenance according to schedule including documentation, within established time limits.
* 3. General Laboratory Skills and Knowledge - Performs tasks that assist with overall operation of laboratory service according to laboratory policies and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
* 3.1 Takes responsibility for all reagents and supplies associated with assigned test to ensure adequate materials are available for next analysis.
* 4. Professional Skills - Participates in activities that demonstrate professionalism, a commitment to competency and career growth.
* 4.1 Assumes leadership role for students, trainees, and co-workers by providing technical assistance when asked.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MLS / MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent or eligibility.
One (1) to two (2) years' experience in an accredited Clinical Laboratory preferred.
MLS / MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent or eligibility.
Working knowledge of instrumentation and equipment used in a Clinical Chemistry laboratory. Efficiency in word processing applications, spreadsheet design / utilization, and use of web based resources. Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems. Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with hospital staff. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT 55 PARK STREET