MEP BIM Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a MEP BIM Project Manager to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
* Professional BIM Services Project Management: Plan, model and sets the tone for exceptional customer relations.
* Design and track critical success factors to be integrated into Trimble BIM Professional Services processes.
* Lead design and subcontractor team members (i.e. design, detailing, scheduling, project planning, constructability, etc.) for specific BIM tasks.
* Develop and build relationships and networks with business partners including general contractors, major subcontractors, end user decision makers, and design partners
* Identify new project opportunities while working with customers.
* Translate the clients' vision into design solutions and construction success.
* Gain input from key stakeholders during design processes.
* Develop opportunities to leverage BIM/VDC to improve project performance, differentiate Trimble from our competitors and maximize project outcomes.
* Develop and/or lead the preparation and presentation of project proposals.
* Work closely with customers to identify and clarify important factors to focus on to fully meet customer expectations.
* Craft communication strategies and key messages to address customer desires and expectations.
* Manage cost throughout; including estimate preparation, technical estimating, valued engineering, life-cycle cost analysis and budget and financial management.
* Develop detailed project coordination and baseline construction schedules.
* Ensure all approvals are obtained and ensure risk management requirements are met for insurance, owner contract and subcontractor requirements.
* Provide effective BIM/VDC phase services for two to five projects simultaneously or for larger more complex project(s).
* Mentors other team members and encourages career development and growth.
Supervision, Coordination or Work Direction:
* Provide leadership to other team members in the company by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment. Ability to work with minimum assistance and supervision is required.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with immediate team members, team members of General Contractors, specialty subcontractors, client managers, executives, customers and partners.
Summary of the Expected Outcome(s):
* High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position.
Skills & Experience Required:
* A working background in construction trades or supervisory experience with a general contractor or large subcontractor.
* Must possess an excellent working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks (Approximately 3000-4000 hours as a user and practitioner).
* Expertise in Autodesk Fabrication such as CADmep
* Knowledge of Structural and MEP trades, shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them.
* Business development skills in landing new clients and work.
* Overall office and staff management. Effective work habits and placing integrity first.
* Risk management skills.
* Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills.
* Ability to work according to standard instruction and established procedures.
* Ability to determine work method alternatives and technical work-arounds.
* Four year college degree or extensive field experience in one or more of the following: Commercial Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, or equivalent.
* Work Experience as an estimator, BIM Manager, Project Manager, Scheduler or Superintendent.
* Strong computer skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Microsoft Office and other Autodesk Building Design Suite products.
* 5-10 years previous commercial construction experience required
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D