This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE POSITION....
The MEP Engineer will be responsible for all planning and drafting of mechanical, plumbing & electrical systems for future renovations and new construction projects. This candidate will draft & implement facility maintenance programs in all existing hotels and will be the liaison between the hotels, contractors, vendors and corporate as related to service, repair and replacement of facility systems as necessary.
Focus Construction specializes in the construction and renovation of hospitality, residential, and mixed-use properties in major markets throughout the U.S. The Focus team is composed of dedicated professionals providing creative, innovative, and quality solutions for all of our projects. Focus Construction is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
* Supervise the construction of the building services, commissioning systems and ongoing maintenance and operation of services
* Review existing systems and develop operating standards and procedures for future renovations and new construction projects
* Review construction documents for MEP trades (from conceptual through construction)
* Conduct field visits and write field observation reports
* Communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field
* Must hold a Profesional Engineer License (PE) who can prepare, sign, sign, and submit engineering plans
* Five years of professional engineeringexperience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems design and analysis for large commercial building projects
* Proficient in CAD design
* Ability to Interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and othersoftware systems utilized by building systems
* Must have strong business acumen and excellent communication skills.