MEP Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
MEP Senior Project Manager
Auto Req ID
This position entails working with a diverse group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The candidate will work within the clients Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) group that manage their global real estate portfolio.
The successful candidate requires the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, organize, and lead a diverse workload.
* Primary responsibility is to develop scopes of work for assigned projects
* Managing Program Documentation and Approvals - Required to lead or support initiation, development, maintenance and creation of Programs/Projects.
* Attend internal meetings to compile new projects to be added to the Asset Improvement Plan and track.
* Utilize client project tracking system to create initiatives and track projects.
* Responsible for pulling together documentation (plans, cut sheets, studies, etc) and upload documents into project tracking system.
* Required to monitor and track projects and initiatives flowing through the application to drive timely and expeditious approvals.
* Support Engineering Due Diligence and Feasibility Efforts - Develop feasibility studies for proposed, new, or existing facilities. The content of such studies will be developed in accordance with the clients standards.
* Support Engineering Guidelines Participate in the development, change management, and communication of all engineering and infrastructure guidelines associated with the owners requirements related to design specifications, construction practices, testing and commissioning requirements and other business needs that are incorporated into all corporate facilities across the global portfolio. To be continuously reviewed and updated based upon best practices and lessons learned. The intent is to provide a framework to outside vendors and consultants regarding the client s common engineering practices.
* Innovation and Research & Development (Initiatives, Studies & Technologies) - Support research and development initiatives. Such initiatives will identify development opportunities to upgrade existing technology.
* Strategic Environmental and Sustainability Strategies - Support development of environmental and sustainability strategies including but not limited to: Development of energy projects, Environmental reporting, Review of energy usage information to assess and verify accuracy of reporting, Assisting with technical details of various reports including comparison studies.
* Participate in procurement activities including but not limited to creating RFP documents, creating estimates, creating scope of work documents to go out to vendors, solicitation of vendor bids and levelling of vendor bids, all in collaboration with other teams and procedures
* Work on multiple projects and assignments
* Primary focus is on the specific needs of the project, client, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical issues, budget and scope
* Proactively manage issues related to assigned projects
* Conduct and document project meetings when necessary
* Interact and negotiate with designers and contractors
* Prepare/update project status reports and update tracking reports, and maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation
* Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, or combination of relevant work experience and education.
* Commercial Real Estate, Architectural, or Construction industry experience is required.
* Experience working with design, project management, construction and/or operations.
* Data center experience preferred.
* Corporate Interiors is a MUST.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Professional Engineering license preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to understand all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to Budgeting, and Scheduling in order to fully understand project implications based on minimal conceptual information
* Must have strong technical skills required for the role, pay attention to details, take initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrate appropriate financial/analytical skills
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with architects, contractors, client s representatives, and team members
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills
* Must be able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
* Operates with a sense of urgency, quickly responding to Stakeholders
* Must be a creative thinker
* Professional yet personable demeanor
* Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others contributions
* Demonstrated leadership, responsiveness, and accountability
* Detail oriented
* Proactive and takes initiative
* Able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
* Demonstrated proficiency with all applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows, MS Office (e.g., MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Adobe
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42710BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who