MGR I MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
The Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business unit of TE Connectivity has a Manager I Manufacturing Engineer opportunity in Tullahoma, TN. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Operations of the Transportation Solutions ICT business unit.
TE Connectivity (TE) has an opportunity for a seasoned Manufacturing Engineering professional with strong technical and leadership capabilities. The individual will be a key player in leading a group of engineers in advancing new automated assembly technologies while enhancing existing manual processes. The position offers a unique opportunity for a strong manufacturing engineering leader to have a measurable impact on the Tullahoma facility, directly contributing to the bottom line of operations. This position will have responsibility for both the Assembly and Molding technologies in Tullahoma.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations, this position will have the responsibility for establishing and implementing best practice manufacturing assembly process technologies while continually improving existing processes. This individual will be responsible for manufacturing engineering in the Tullahoma facility but will also work across geographic boundaries and have a global impact on the business with peers in similar roles in other regions. It is critical the individual has the ability to bring together diverse requirements and work across organizational boundaries to deliver innovative solutions with broad applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Requirements & Qualifications:
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager of the Tullahoma site, he/she will lead a group of Design, Manufacturing and Mold Tooling Engineers to implement manufacturing assembly and molding process competency at the site. Other responsibilities include:
* Develop assembly process platforms, roadmaps, and standards for Insert Molded connector manufacturing assembly processes using the latest assembly technology to enable the most cost effective and efficient operations.
* Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, carrying out disciplinary actions, conducting yearly and mid-year reviews, and making decisions about the purchase of materials, processes, or services
* Work with and provide support to Operations teams and the Maintenance department in meeting their goals, objectives and attainment priorities.
* Provide direction and expertise in key situations regarding troubleshooting and engineering resolutions including drafting and design projects.
* Closely work with internal/external equipment designers, suppliers and integrators to identify assembly automation opportunities, to get projects approved, and to manage multiple projects for on target implementation.
* Work with the Product Engineering group in order to improve existing designs for manufacturability while ensuring new product designs meet the plant process requirements.
* Work with Product Engineering and Quality to assure documentation and controls correct and up to date.
* Work with process teams to improve cycle time, drive scrap reduction and enhance productivity of the organization and driving cost to be competitive globally.
* Shared responsibility for CAPEX budget for the Molding and Assembly departments.
* Participate in TEOA and COE (Center of Excellence) steering committee projects/activities.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering and 7+ years engineering and project management experience in assembly manufacturing is required for consideration.
* A good mix of strong technical skills along with good leadership and management experience to lead a group of talented engineering professionals.
* Knowledge of molding theory, principles and practices
* Ability to influence across an organization, work with global peers and strong project management skills are essential.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
* Proficient in CREO and PDM-Link a plus.
* Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.