This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal reach. Local results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
Responsible for the safe and efficient environment for the maintenance and repair of various customers shipping equipment as well as the achievement of operational and financial goals and objectives.
Summary: Responsible for the safe and efficient environment for the maintenance and repair of various customers shipping equipment as well as the achievement of operational and financial goals and objectives.
* Complete all tasks and ensures that department staff and labor demonstrate customer service principles.
* Develops and executes operating plans designed to improve customer service, productivity, safety and quality of Maintenance activities.
* Contribute to the development and operates within approved fiscal budget limits and operating cost objectives.
* Ensure the scheduling and ordering of union labor providing the skill and staffing levels necessary to complete cost-effective, safe and efficient equipment repairs and service.
* Work closely with customers and / or yard staff, determining customer needs, providing professional expertise and ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Keep immediate supervisor aware of current operational status by regular communications and by issuing reports as directed.
* Ensure that area accident prevention / safety and workers' compensation programs and procedures are implemented, that labor is trained regularly and that accident occurrences continue to decline in frequency and severity.
* Knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies, ensuring positive labor relations, high levels of productivity and that all policies and procedures are followed.
* Ensure that all company owned assets are in good working order with a minimal amount of down time for maintenance.
* Evaluate and select outside contractors and vendors who can provide quality products and services at the lowest possible prices, and ensuring availability when needed.
* Ensure that all work orders and reports are completed accurately, submitted on time and to appropriate staff and other designated personnel.
* Attend regularly scheduled Labor Relations Meetings.
* Available for after-hours emergencies that occur on nights, weekends and holidays.
* Attend various terminal operations and safety meetings.
* Complete other projects as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
* Require 4 year college degree or equivalent relative work experience. Preferably with concentration in maritime administration.
* Must have 2 -- 5 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Requires the ability to respond to equipment emergencies outside of normal work shifts.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Principles of terminal and stevedore operations.
* Thorough knowledge of containerized equipment and gear.
* Thorough knowledge of union contracts.
* Thorough knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and regulations.
* Budgeting and profit and loss management experience.
* Understanding of Maintenance activities
* Microsoft office primarily excel proficient
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Frequent standing, walking bending; occasional sitting.
* The ability to use a computer/keyboard
* The ability to climb up and down a ladder on a vessel multiple times within a shift
* Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures of hot and cold, extremely dusty conditions and occasionally, conditions of high levels of noise.
* The ability to work in an environment that may be hazardous to persons unable to see and hear fast moving equipment
* Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, evenings, and nights.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled