This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 2/19/2017
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Staff Research Assoc I
9:00 am -5:30 pm
47-355 NPI-Wesrwood, CA
$20.74 / $3609
$24.74 / $4305
Layoff Referral Deadline:
PERFORM NEURO-IMAGING ANALYSIS
1. Perform multi-spectral analysis and quantification of brain gray and white volumes with an inter-rater reliability of .8 or greater.
2. Perform analysis of hyperintense lesion quantifications and cerbral spinal fluid volumes with an inter-rater reliability of .8 or greater.
3. Perform field dependent relaxation rate measures with an inter-rater reliability of .8 or greater.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND COLLECTION
1. Assist in maintaining research databases.
2. Condense data and make plots using MS Excel.
3. Assist in preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals.
4. Interview patients to obtain, record, and enter in data base clinical and demographic data.
ASSIST PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR IN MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF IMAGING LABORATORY
1. Act as a liaison between principal investigator and laboratory staff, and administrative offices.
Assist the PI in the preparation of grant proposals, research protocols, informed consent forms, IRB applications, and subject recruitment efforts.
- Research experience (preferably in an MRI Neuro-imaging laboratory)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Detailed oriented with ability to follow systematic protocols
- Working knowledge of Medvision image analysis software on a Macintosh platform
- Knowledge of and experience with neuroanatomy, image analysis software, and MRI instrumentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to sustain cooperative working relationships with PI and research staff. Ability to interact effectively with research subjects, supervisory personnel, colleagues, volunteers, and undergraduate students
- Skill in Microsoft Excel
- Skill in reading and interpreting scientific publications
- Skill in analyzing information, problem solving, and formulating logical and objective conclusions
- Working knowledge of IRB approval procedures