MRI Tech II 8/24/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: null
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 17479BR
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the MRI Technical Director, performs all MRI imaging exams and procedures in accordance with BIDMC policy and procedures and the ARRT scope of practice. Performs MRI screening for all patients, IV insertions and contrast injections, patient preparation and explanation of exams, MRI imaging and ensuring imaging is complete.
* Prepares and positions patients for MRI of various parts of the body. Positioning includes setting up equipment (coils, monitoring devices, etc.) and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Screens patients and personnel for any ferrous metal implants or other objects.
* Selects appropriate pulse sequences from monitoring console for scan procedures. Records all pulse sequences implemented for exam. Recommends changes in protocol or additional instructions to provide additional diagnostic information.
* Evaluates results of scanning procedure for quality of results and completeness. Manipulates images through use of console keyboard and mouse to display to physician. Recognizes problems and rectifies with respect to selection made of operation.
* Sends images to PACS system, evaluates exam for completeness, and verifies exam in timely manner. Develops a working knowledge of all PACS capabilities.
* Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Informs a patient of delays. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Listens to and answers patients questions with patience and courtesy. Observes patient's conditions and reports any changes to nurse or physician.
* Associate's degree in Allied Health required. Bachelor's degree in Allied Health preferred.
* Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and RT(MR), ARMRIT, or CAMRT registered as an MR technologist.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.