MRO Indirect Material Sr. Buyer (NY or MN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
Maple Grove, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONMRO INDIRECT MATERIAL SR. BUYER (NY OR MN)
* Collaborate and develop strong relationships and an active network with other procurement leaders at each U.S. entity.
* Develop MRO/NPM strategy for Zeiss U.S. to provide the best service and cost savings opportunity benefiting multiple entities.
* Collaborate with NPM buyers in Carl Zeiss AG Oberkochen/ Germany to develop global strategies.
* Collaborate in defining and implementing best in class for MRO/NPM and service programs.
* Coordinate planning and optimization of cost contribution to EBIT for assigned commodity categories according to corporate guidelines.
* Initiates, coordinates, and monitors pooling opportunities and MRO/NPM programs.
* Optimizes procurement process efficiency, methods, and tools used.
* Implements procurement policies and procedures, and sets guidelines as necessary.
* Initiate and achieve targeted cost reduction programs.
* Perform data analysis of MRO/NPM spend to determine best cost saving opportunities.
* Effectively lead negotiations and manage supplier selection to meet quality, service, and cost requirements.
* Initiates and monitors contract negotiations with suppliers for MRO/NPM projects.
* Manages and optimizes the supply network for assigned commodities.
* Implements ACS supplier management programs.
* Strives to optimally leverage suppliers' capabilities and cost position.
* Develop and manage strategic partner alliances if applicable.
* Reports monthly procurement KPI's.
* Contributes to budget development.
* Bachelor s degree in business, supply chain, or related discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years experience purchasing, indirect buying, negotiations and finance.
* Demonstrated ability to lead peer and supplier relationships and to build an aligned strategy.
* Minimum of one-year experience desired with SAP.
* Analytical abilities to assess the performance of suppliers against criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate, and financial stability.
* Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement.
* Interpersonal and negotiating skills necessary to build effective working relationships with supply partners.
* Strong negotiation skills with knowledge of law and contracts and agency.
* Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data analysis.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners.
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC