MSP Corporate Accounting Consultant II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Corporate Accounting Consultant is responsible for providing quality and timely service to BKFS customers. As a member of the team, this Consultant will take ownership of customer issues and follow through until closure to ensure their satisfaction. Working with their team and other BKFS partners, the Consultant will serve as the customer's main contact point for his or her area of expertise and will serve as backup to other team members. The Consultant is responsible for contributing to team's success at meeting customer satisfaction standards and achieving overall team goals. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of the MSP system and related products supporting Corporate Accounting (Cash) functionality (Interest Accrual, Suspense Sweep, Bank Reconciliation, Daily Cash Balancing, Cashiering Workstation, FASB, etc.).
Serves as a senior contributor with expertise in particular business processes responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements. Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
Note: Candidates may either work on-site at our Jacksonville, FL or Golden, CO offices.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
* Serves as liaison between end-users and the information technology organization consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
* Serves as the customer's main contact point for MSP-Cash/Corporate Accounting and will serve as backup to other team members.
* Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
* Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures. Provides recommendations on best practices and changes in technology accordingly.
* Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex business process problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
* Assists client in writing test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
* Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
* Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
* Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
* Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Technology Business Consultants.
* May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures.
* Assists with delivering training either one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
* Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Prior Mortgage or Home Equity Servicing experience highly preferred
* Functional knowledge in the following area(s) may be required:
* MSP-Cash/Corporate Accounting
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Familiarity with BKFS' products and services (MSP-Cash/Corporate Accounting preferred)
* In-depth knowledge of mortgage-and home-equity services industry and associated regulatory and compliance requirements
* Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
* Possess a thorough knowledge of the MSP Cash/Corporate Accounting functionality (preferred)
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
* Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Project management skills, including the ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in one or more technologies. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires at least three years of demonstrated business analysis/consulting experience, a minimum of three years of mortgage and home equity services consulting or management experience, and demonstrated technical capabilities.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer