MSW Academic Program Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The MSW Academic Program Coordinator is a full-time core faculty member who reports to the Social Work Academic Program Director and works closely with the relevant School and College academic advising and administrative staffs, and faculty to address a variety of academic, faculty, and student issues. This position is a 50% academic, 50% administrative workload.
* Aid in responding to day to day faculty needs as it relates to course work, student development, and academic related issues.
* Support leadership in developing program proposals and initiatives and the pursuit and maintenance of CSWE accreditation efforts
* Assisting with student and program assessment with the Assessment Coordinator.
* Serve as a liaison between other departments and programs within the university as it relates to faculty needs and development.
Contributing Faculty Development
* Assist PD with contributing faculty course assignments.
* Conduct contributing faculty SHARPS reviews and teaching assessments
* Assist PD with KPI concerns.
* Lead and co-lead trainings and meetings for contributing faculty
* Support course leads through communication and training
* To be centrally involved in student development and decision-making.
* Work with at-risk students in the Social Work Program to promote positive outcomes
* Consult on students professional development, skill development, and academic integrity.
* Respond to and document student concerns related to course work, faculty, and residency.
* Manage reports and administrative functions appropriate to assignments
* Participate in university and school residencies where appropriate to the program.
* Serve as lead faculty
* Participating in university and school residencies where appropriate to the program
* Travel as needed for residencies, graduations and other University requests.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
* May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Engaging in scholarship and service on university and school committees and for school initiatives as needed
* MSW from a CSWE accredited program required
* Doctorate in Social Work or other related field required
* Must hold active Social Work license
* 2 years of experience teaching at the MSW level or higher and experience with online learning required
* Prior Social Work practice experience preferred
* 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.