MTS, IC Design
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Minimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Entry-Level (0+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim's Launch Program offers graduates and new talent within the industry the opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience within an innovative, global company.
New hires can expect:
* The opportunity to own projects and make an impact at a 8,000+ employee company
* Exposure to executive leadership, up to, and including, the CEO
* Competitive total rewards package: base + bonus, stock options (for eligible positions), comprehensive benefits package, 401(k) with company contributions and immediate vesting, and generous time-off policy (17 vacation days and paid holidays)
* Educational assistance programs
* Employee discounts at local businesses: gym memberships, cell phone service, entertainment, and more
* Company-sponsored sports leagues, community activities and races
Possible locations include: San Jose, CA (Headquarters); Austin, TX; Brighton, MI; Chelmsford, MA; Colorado Springs, CO; Dallas, TX; Portland, OR
Maxim is seeking several Entry-Level IC Design Engineers to define, design, model, and implement analog, mixed-signal, and/or digital integrated circuits (ICs). As an IC Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on technology for products in exciting industries such as automotive, mobile, cloud & data, industrial, healthcare, and micros & security.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design activities including research, definition, design, simulation, layout verification, characterization, and release to production of integrated circuits
* Supporting product definition teams to develop product requirements and specifications
* Analyzing and developing chip architectures to meet required compliance and performance
* Creating transistor level analog circuit designs
* Verifying designs using circuit-level and behavioral-level simulators
* Supervising circuit layout
* Authoring system architecture and circuit documentation
* Defining system and block level test plans
* Characterizing and validating circuit performance in the lab
* Providing support for high volume manufacturing, and working with Product and Test teams to transfer ICs to production
* Master s degree in Electrical Engineering
* Solid knowledge of analog and mixed-signal IC design fundamentals
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Research related to IC design
* Hands-on IC design experience
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate cross functionally
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer