(MVCA) 504 Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(MVCA) 504 Coordinator
504 Coordinator INSPIRE THE FUTURE! K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The 504/Response to Intervention (RTI) Coordinator oversees Section 504 and Tier 2 RTI interventions for Michigan Virtual Charter Academy.
AS A 504 COORDINATOR, YOU WILL...
* Collaborate with Family Academic Support Liaisons (FASL), homeroom teachers, advisors, counselors, and additional district personnel to coordinate and track Tier 2 interventions.
* Facilitate the implementation of the school district approved Section 504 and data collection policies.
* Develop, continually revise, and ensure the implementation of consistent Section 504 and data collection procedures.
* Provide ongoing training and support to district staff regarding Section 504/RTI and the implementation of the Section 504/RTI and data collection procedures.
* Collect and maintain all Section 504 and Tier 2 RTI data (504 plans, lists of eligible students, tier 2 intervention plans).
* Serve as a daily resource to district administrators, school leadership teams, and other stakeholders regarding Section 504 and Tier 2 RTI issues.
* Serve as the school district s liaison to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). (OCR complaint resolution and corrective action plan implementation).
* This is a remote, home-based position.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
* Integrity/Ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support company values, and convey good news and bad.
* Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
Get to know MVCA!
* Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Bachelor s degree AND
* Three (3) years of related professional experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
* Able to pass required background check
* Three (3) years of directly related experience in an online school setting
REQUIRED COMPUTER AND OTHER EQUIPMENT/DEVICE SKILLS
* Computers/Peripherals/Other Office Machines: Computer
* Computer Software: Electronic Mail Software (Microsoft Outlook preferred); Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software, (Microsoft Excel and Word preferred); Presentation Software, (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred); Database Software; Web proficiency.
* Other Tools/Devices/Machines (including Vehicles): No other tools, devices or machines are required in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend