(MVCA) Elementary Academic Administrator/Principal 9/9/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(MVCA) Elementary Academic Administrator/Principal
Elementary School Principal INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
The Elementary School Principal directs and coordinates educational, administrative and counseling activities of students in grades K through 6th grade by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
AS AN ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR, YOU WILL...
* Serve as the instructional leader for grades K-6 responsible for student achievement and teacher evaluation;
* Ensure conformance of educational programs to state and local school board standards through evaluation, development and coordination activities; As needed, research and implement non-K12 curriculum resources that meet state standards;
* Manage teaching staff; Manages Academic Support and Academic Coaches
* Help articulate the school s mission and vision with the aim of ensuring all stakeholders have a common understanding and are positioned to work cooperatively in order to achieve desired results; Utilize/rely heavily upon communication technologies and practices that most effectively support a predominantly virtual / remote work environment;
* Confer with teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioral problems in school; Coordinate with teacher and K12 Enrollment regarding expulsions and withdrawals;
* Ensure that the school is meeting the needs of all students while complying with local, state, and federal laws regarding special education;
* Develop and oversee implementation of the school s School Improvement Plan
* Monitor fidelity to the academic plans aligned with state standards to ensure student engagement and achievement;
* Monitor student data by teacher to ensure that students are meeting academic goals; coaching and developing teachers to build strong instructional practices;
* Possess a keen understanding of statewide data in order to build meaningful strategic plans to improve student outcomes;
* Possess strong knowledge of MI Core standards, Common Core State Standards, and the Michigan Department of Education resources.
* Actively participate in all school leadership team meetings.
* Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervise 10-15 teachers, academic support and academic coaches; Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Get to know MVCA!
* Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s degree AND
* Three (3) years teaching experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Certificates and Licenses: Valid MI Teacher Certificate and Administrative License
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.); Web proficiency
* Ability to travel In MI 20% of the time, some overnights required
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience as an on-line educator
* Principal certification or working toward it
* Experience as instructional leader
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend