(MVCA) Substitute Middle School Special Education Teacher 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(MVCA) Substitute Middle School Special Education Teacher
Substitute Middle School Special Education Teacher - Immediate Hire INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Passionate Substitute Middle School Special Education Teacheris needed at the K12 partner school, Michigan Virtual Charter Academy (MVCA). We want you to be a part of our talented team! K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We currently have a teacher opening for an Immediate hire of a Substitute Special Education Teacher at our Michigan Virtual Charter Academy.
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Leading students through successful course completion
* Building a virtual environment conducive to learning
* Prioritizing student needs so that each child may reach their fullest potential
* Partnering with parents and colleagues to manage course goals, curriculum, and materials that best benefit the individual needs of each student.
* Creating strategies to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships
* Promoting creativity and excitement in the virtual learning environment
Get to know MVCA!
* Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* 6 months teaching experience- student teacher acceptable
* Bachelor s degree
* Appropriate state certification- Michigan Special Education Certification
* Meets state s NCLB s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Flexible schedule
* Ability to pass required background and/or fingerprinting checks
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend