MYSQL Server Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leader of the DBA team, you will need to be more than a gatekeeper. We need a proactive thinker who loves to dive deep into the weeds, but also can provide strong leadership for our rapidly growing technologyinfrastructure.
At this position the DBAs collaborate with software engineers, BI data analysts and business leaders to discuss schema design, query optimization, and large scale database design and deployment.
Some of the Perks are Office happy hours, untracked vacation, company-sponsored sports teams, charity match program and countless volunteer opportunities, learning & development programs, annual company trip, etc.
Some of the amenities are a putting green, basketball court, bowling alley, spinning room and yoga studio (with daily exercise classes taught by area instructors), rooftop beer garden, two on-site cafes (run by Charlotte-based Xenia Hospitality Group), multiple outdoor seating and eating areas (all WIFI enabled), fire pits, bocce court, on-site health clinic run by Carolinas Medical Center (CMC)
* 6+ years of experience in MySQL Server Database Administration
* Strong on MySQL, database structures, theories, principals & optimization
* Experience designing, performance tuning databases, queries, and ETL proces
* Equal comfort doing database design, ETL, data analysis and database administrator
* 1+ year management experience
* Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a current Green Card holder
* Working knowledge of at least one programming language is preferred
* Willingness to be a hands-on player/coach
* A background as a SQL developer/engineer ideal
* Experience in an enterprise environment