Machine Learning Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Neurable is a funded brain-computer interface (BCI) startup spun out of the University of Michigan's Direct to Brain Interface Laboratory; our technology, an artificial intelligence developed by our CEO Ramses Alcaide, BCI expert and PhD neuroscience, enables people to control hardware and software in real-time with their brain via a non-invasive cap. We have enabled users to control remote control cars, computer programs, wheelchairs, and more. Currently we are directing Neurable for virtual and augmented reality applications.
We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Scientist/Researcher to join our team.
We would like to advance our current methods of identifying brain activity, using novel machine learning algorithms to increase reliability and accuracy. You will be working alongside our team of developers, but mostly with our CEO, advancing our intellectual property. We are looking for someone who is able to, not only implement, but also, create machine-learning algorithms, specifically ones that improve speed, accuracy, and the elimination of muscle artifacts. Experience working with real-time data, large datasets, brain-computer Interface, and/or EEG data is preferred.
Our ideal candidate is the type of person who constantly wants to push the boundary of what is (im)possible. We are working in a field and creating a technology with functionalities that have never existed before. At Neurable we embrace failure and respect persistence. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, consider yourself a technologist or someone who thinks several steps aheadwe would like you to join us, or at least meet us, or come to our office and play some video games (we have all the latest VR/AR technology). We are a small group adding to the banality of "work hard, play hard" but only because it is true.
COMPANY ASIDE, WE THOROUGHLY ENJOY:
- Fine food and beverages
- Movies and shows (during Game of Thrones season, our CEO Ramses, also a near chef, cooks everyone dinner while we watch on his 12' by 12' projector screen)
- Video games (we own every console from the ColecoVision, 1982, to the latest in virtual reality systems)
- Adventures (ask us about what happened one fateful night on Mt. Nacheesmo)
- Dogs (we have two in our office)
And more, come find out!
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in various machine and deep learning applications/design especially regarding neural networks (Markov chains/fields, generic algorithms, PCAs, ICAs, and ensemble methods are greatly appreciated and respected)
- Familiarity with general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, C/C++, Matlab
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Good written communication and documentation abilities
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth environment
- Ability to rapidly prototype real features in a startup environment
- You know and can admit when something is not great. You can recognize that something you did needs improvement - we're not all perfect
- You can respectfully tell someone else something they did is not great, because they are not perfect
- Creativity and desire to push boundaries
- Desire to create a positive change in the world
- Experience with Computer Vision, Signals Processing preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States