Machine Operator I - AFFF 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The AFFF Filler/Material Handler (FP) works under the direction of the B18/AFFF Supervisor. Fills various sized containers with AFFF. Operates a forklift. Loads and unloads box cars, trucks and tank cars and performs other material handling duties.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Attention to detail is essential. Required to lift and stack 45 to 65 pails and roll and maneuver onto pallets, 55 gallon drums weighing to 500#. Forklift operation required (must maintain a valid license).
1. Fills AFFF into proper containers and from assigned tanks. Fills. 1.5 gallon pails to 55-gallon containers. Record number of containers filled and completes proper MRP transactions.
2. Operates a forklift and holds a valid drivers license.
3. Loads trucks to prescribed arrangement and bracing.
4. Unloads trucks.
5. Loads and unloads tank trucks by hooking up transfer lines, monitoring operation and disconnecting lines when assigned.
6. Assist Senior AFFF Formulator in blending operation, including hookups and material handling movement.
7. Performs safety and maintenance checks on forklifts daily and fills out maintenance record sheets.
8. Does own machine set up.
9. Does some receiving of materials.
10. Perform housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.