Machine Operator I - Cartridge 2nd Shift 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Works under the direction of the Cartridge Department Supervisor to assemble, paint, package, leak test (hydro-test with water), inspect, reclaim, prepare for refilling and fills cartridges and cylinders with either CO2 or nitrogen). Must hand stamp cartridges, operates pneumatic hand tools, power grinders and wire brushing machines, and performs minor maintenance.
This position requires Associates placed in the position to successfully complete specific training. These training requirements can be located on the Marinette Operations Training Matrix.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be able to set up and operate all the equipment. Job requires working from a standing position 90% of the shift. Moving some heavy weights required. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and set-up sheets.
Normal Training Time = 9 months
1. Processes all cartridges received from distribution by visually checking each cartridge for body damage, removing the shipping cap with a pneumatic hand drill, removing cartridge seals, and using a variety of gauges, checks plug diameter, seal depth, and thread wear. Determines if these cartridges can be reused.
2. In order to issue credit, counts and sorts all cartridges received and verify those cartridges returned with a packing slip. Checks and corrects packing list for accuracy. Verifies customer counts to determine if returned cartridges are Ansul product. If not, scrap credit is not issued.
3. Hand loads pressurized cartridges into a test tank containing heated water and places plastic caps over the cartridges. Observes each cartridge for traces of leakage, on removal from tank, separates "leakers" from cartridges going on to other operations. Raises and lowers test tank floors to adjust for different size cartridges.
4. Record (by size) the number of cartridges processed and the number of cartridges requiring the rework of scrapping. Identifies the reasons why cartridges leak in test tanks, and records the number of leakers (according to size).
5. Operates buffing machine to remove old paint.
6. Adds proper amounts of rust inhibitor to adjust for any deficiencies as determined by the Q.C. lab titration sheets.
7. Manually sets up filling machine.
8. Operates filling machine to fill various size cartridges with nitrogen and CO2 to correct weights.
9. Hand stamps LTA101 and R102 cartridges.
10. Performs necessary rework on refill or reject cartridges.
11. Performs minor maintenance and troubleshoots machine.
12. Loads and operates an automatic cartridge seal assembly machine by scooping washers and bushings into machine feeder, adjusting air pressure, watching the automatic assembly process and correcting (by hand) any cartridge seals improperly assembled.
13. Operates a cartridge-stamping machine by changing fixtures to accommodate various cartridges, changing head stamps and adjusting weight stamp for each cartridge. Adjusts air pressure to insure proper stamp depth and records type of cartridge and number sequence of cartridges stamped.
14. Visually checks cartridges for pitting, thread damage, etc. Prepares cartridges for filling operation by selecting the proper cartridge seals for assembly, dipping seals into oil and starting seal into cartridge threads by hand. Uses a pneumatic wrench to tighten. Occasionally uses a wrench to remove burrs from cartridge threads. Wire brushes cartridges.
15. Weigh cartridges and insures that weight falls within the appropriate range.
16. Mixes paint by adding three different ingredients according to paint manufacturer's specifications. Checks for proper viscosity. Places paint in vibrator for proper mix.
17. Operates an automatic cartridge spray paint conveyor by loading and unloading moving conveyor, adjusting air pressure, paint flow, and visually checking painted cartridges for paint consistency and proper coverage.
18. Operates gas fire oven to bake paint into cartridges.
19. Prepares cartridges for shipment by weighing the cartridges and applying the appropriate decals.
20. Sets up and operates heat sensitive wrapping machine for cartridges.
21. Packages cartridge in individual and master cartons. Visually checks cartridges for pitting, thread damage, etc.
22. Assists Cochran Lab as needed and may be require certification for 5-year retest.
23. From written instructions, fills tanks with metal conditioning and plating solutions. Following written instructions from the QC Inspector, makes all necessary additions to the solutions to maintain proper titration strength in the metal conditioning tanks. Periodically dumps all metal conditioning tanks.
24. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.